Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's all McMahon's fault!

Over the last few days I have been reading quite a bit of stuff from Gary McMahon (around 20 short stories) and apart from my eyes being tender to the touch, he has inspired me to start on my oft-pondered collection.

It is to be tentatively titled Nex, and will be concerned with all things post-apocalyptic. The opening story will be my epilogue from In Bad Dreams, Corvus. I have some stuff from NaNoWriMo that will be tidied up and put into it too and I have an idea to work on some new material too.

I'm rather excited about it all and have had a chat with him upstairs (that's God not Gary, although he is a personal hero of mine) about increasing the day to 30 hours and making it so I only require 4 hours sleep to work effectively - what do you reckon?

No comments: